1. Mimi's Cafe no longer serves "dirt cups" on their child's menu, nor do they have the portobello mushroom veggie sandwich! Ya, we went there upon special request for my daughter's 10th birthday because she wanted a dirt cup dessert. Guess what I will be making in the near future????
2. I like SKILLET! Who would have ever guessed? I am a slow it down, worship music kind of girl but I went to a Skillet concert on Valentines Day with every intention of roaming the halls during the Skillet part of the concert and they had me hooked with their first song. Great performance! Great lyrics! The song "Sick of It" actually hit deep and I just cried. I don't know that I would purchase a cd and listen at my leisure but I sure did enjoy their concert!
"Are you sick of it?
Raise your hands,
Get rid of it!
While there's a fighting chance.
Are you over it?
Bored to death?
Have you had enough regret?
Take a stand, raise your hands. . ."
There are things about myself that I am sick of, I'm over them,
and I have had enough.
I'm raising my hands to get rid of it!
(thank goodness Lent is coming soon)
4. Did you know that being a leader of a small group of women is way different than being a participant? I don't know why this shocks me like it does. I am learning that being a leader isn't so much about me and my strengths and wisdom and ability to lead but more about leading others to walk in their strengths and giftings; leadership is about leading some to Christ and leading Christ out of others.
5. I have learned that 10 years goes by really fast when you are raising kids!
6. You want to know the best part about the pictures above? Their moms and their dads and the memories of being in community and raising our kids and worshiping, and serving together for over 10 years with these families. I learn every day how priceless they are, how priceless relationship and friendship and the body of Christ is.
7. Did you know that shopping carts in grocery stores are getting bigger? Yep, they did a test and if they increased the size of the cart you (and I) bought 19% more food.
8. Women have a larger deep limbic system. This system "sets the emotional tone of the mind, stores highly charged emotional memories (positive and negative). . . this larger system also leaves women more vulnerable to depression and getting stuck in repetitive negative thinking." So that is why I get stuck so often! Thank goodness God is bigger than my limbic system and His truths can pierce through those negative thoughts.
9. I learned aulophobia is the fear of flutes. Good thing my kids didn't develop this because my husband has been playing the flute for over 30 years.
10. Laundry in a family of 5 is never complete. Even if I get it all washed I can't seem to put it all away before another pile is ready to be thrown back in the washer. Am I just learning this? I don't know. I just know that the piles of laundry this month have been a bit overwhelming!
Thanks for getting all the way to #10! Have a blessed weekend!